Everyone likes the stories. Since childhood we have heard plenty of stories, through the books or told by elders. If the things are told as stories they are well learnt.
Also with the availability of Flipkart and Amazon in India more and more books are now available to us as parents. But the problem I was facing was to identify the best books appropriate for my daughter’s age. There is tons of information on the net and huge number of sites dedicated to them. After going through a dozens of such sites and hundreds of book reviews on Amazon and other sites, following is the list of books I can safely recommend.
( If you want to open links, right click and open in new tab/window. Currently site is having problem of opening links in same page. Edit: Links are broken I will be working on it soon)
We have bought above books for our daughter and she is extremely happy with each one of them.
The methodology I adopted to come up with a list consists of following factors:
There are few more which I have shortlisted but not yet bought because they were either not available or costly (800-1000+) due to being an imported editions at the time of posting this. They are
- There Is a Bird On Your Head! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)
- Diary of a Worm: Teacher's Pet (I Can Read Book 1)
- Madeline (Picture Puffin)
- Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things That Go (Richard Scarry) (Giant Little Golden Book)
- The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear (Child's Play Library)
- Zen Shorts (Storybook)
- The Gardener
- What Would You Do with a Tail Like This? (Caldecott Honor Book)
- Swimmy (Knopf Children's Paperbacks)
- The Poky Little Puppy (Little Golden Book)