Memory game using cards
- Cards Pack: One pack of 52 cards
- No. Of Players: Minimum 2
- Age Group: Lower / Upper KG and above
- Place the whole deck upside down.
- Each player turns over any two cards at a time.
- If the number on two cards matches, the player wins those two cards and takes another turn.
- If the cards do not match, they are flipped back and the next player gets a turn.
- Game continues until all matches are found. Player with maximum cards wins.
Many variations of the game can be done to make it appropriate for the age group.
One can make it easy by playing:
- Matching of color; if a player gets two cards of same color, he/she wins.
- Matching of Suit; if a player gets two cards from same suit (diamond, spades, heart or clubs), he/she wins.
Or one can make it tougher by
- Number and color both has to match for a player to win. (E.g. 4 of heart and diamond (both red) will only make a player win. )
You will be amazed with the memory of kids. From age 6+, my daughter have almost same win-loss ratio as us.
One can also search on internet to get many more variations of card memory games; advice will be to keep it simple. Multiple rules and complexity removes the game part from it and will make it an exercise which kids won’t like.